Saturday, February 4, 2012

Art Post: Fan Art

Lately, I've been obsessed with the BBC show 'Sherlock'. If you're not watching it, go find some way to do so right now. It's a modern day update of Sherlock Holmes and it's absolutely brilliantly executed, thanks in no small part to the actors playing Holmes and Watson, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman.

Both actors, in part due to the success of this show, landed roles in Peter Jackson's upcoming Hobbit films, with Freeman in the lead as Bilbo and Cumberbatch voicing both the Necromancer (Sauron) and the evil dragon Smaug.

Once I heard that, I decided to do a mash-up painting. So without further ado, I give you Smauglock Holmes. Benedict Cumbersmaug. Whatever.
I am well aware that this counts as fan art and am appropriately ashamed.

No comments: